Do you love working with people who think out of the box? Are you excited about solving problems for clients? Are you looking for the freedom and space to do great work? Want to play a pivotal role in an aggressively growing tech company?
Your Role at Creatix
As a Ruby developer at Creatix, you will be responsible for writing primarily server-side web applications, services and APIs in Ruby on Rails. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, integrations, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential. We expect you to:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of your applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test & build automation
- Be agile. Be flexible. Work reliably.
- Good understanding of Ruby and its syntactical nuances
- Solid understanding of the framework (RoR), REST APIs and RoR
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, software testing (specs, integration and functional tests), mocking, ORM/ActiveRecord
- Experience with other popular web application frameworks such as Rails, Lotus, etc. depending on project requirements
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases, elasticache, document databases and key-value stores.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes, able to define efficient migrations
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically git
- Familiarity with general tooling, Rake, Capistrano, Capybara, Rack, Grape, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Salaries vary based on relevant experience & skill.
- Junior minimum 1300 EUR
- Mid-level minimum 1800 EUR
- Senior minimum 2600 EUR
- Flexible work hours, remote work opportunities and home office
- Annual performance bonus
- 3 sick days
- Company hackathons with generous prizes
- Chill-out zone with table football, table tennis, x-box, etc. and focus rooms
- Team buildings, family days, company breakfasts, parties and ad-hoc team events
- Free snacks, coffee, fresh fruit and smoothies
- Fitness program (Multisport or Golem card) and sponsored yoga in office
- English program (speaking and writing classes)
- Professional development program (budget dedicated for hard & soft skills)
- Exchange program (travel opportunities to work on-site in Chicago)
- Referral program & relocation bonus
If you want more than “just a job” and are ready to play an important role in a fast paced, innovative product development company, this is your opportunity to leverage and grow your unique strengths, talents and skills. P.S. And we’re always fun to work with (at least we tend to think so), so you should be too.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume to email@example.com. No recruiters please, only qualified applicants!
By sending your CV to the above-stated email address I confirm that I was informed about the need for my personal data processing in accordance with selection procedure for this position. I also agree with processing and storing the personal data in accordance with conditions set in hereby document.