Once upon a time QAs just tested and logged bugs. Today they are valued team members and communicate regularly with product owners and the rest of the team. They’re collaborators with technical and business savvy and are appreciated for their diligence and love of detail. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for an opportunity to outdo yourself on a regular basis (and get paid nicely for doing it) strongly consider joining our team.
Your Life at Creatix
Creatix, one of Chicago’s hottest, most innovative digital product design and development firms, is looking a few special QA Analysts to play pivotal roles in our fast track growth. We promise you the freedom and space you need to be creative, show off your skills, and grow your expertise. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded geeks who think out of the box and obsess about solving problems for clients.
As part of our QA Analyst team you are responsible for testing applications developed by our feature teams. You have the experience and skills to take on all steps of the testing process, including writing test cases, establishing and executing test plans based on task priority, and reporting test results and any found bugs. You participate in daily stand-ups and occasional team ceremonies such as introduction and overview sessions for new projects and features that are on the table.
We expect you to
- Create test cases based on customer requirements, business acceptance criteria and specification and/or documentation to cover story
- Manually test applications with focus on design aspects, functionality and usability and user-friendliness
- Execute manual and automated test scripts
- Cooperate with the team on creating test scenarios and test plans in a deadline focused environment
- Communicate with the team about test results and possible improvements
- Prepare data to test, update and improve existing test cases
- Understand technology of the features you will participate on, so that you can efficiently test each part of the solution
- Help determine the root cause of issues, be able to resolve testing issues and drive issues to closure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or equivalent foreign education and experience accepted; alternatively, significant experience in the field can be assumed as proper substitute
- In-depth understanding of QA processes, approaches, manual and automation methodologies, and software development life cycle, with the ability to apply this knowledge to daily operations
- Ability to independently solve problems and make decisions about testing results
- At least 3 years of experience in QA with a focus on testing browser based web applications
- Analytical view of task with emphasis on context of testing target and ability to see big picture impact of quality beyond testing
- Written and spoken communication skills in English; required daily at stand up meetings or overview sessions (B2 category)
- Knowledge of testing tools and SQL language
- Ability to use browser debugging tools
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery is a strong plus
If you want more than “just a job” and are ready join a company you’ll be proud to be a part of, we want to hear from you. Call us – people say we’re fun to work, too.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume to jobs. No recruiters please, only qualified applicants!